This post may contain affiliate links to products. A commission may be received for purchases made through these links. However, all opinions remain my own. For more information, please visit my disclosure policy.
If you ever find yourself with a bunch of overripe bananas try making a batch of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins, your tastebuds won’t regret it!
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana is a very popular food combination in my house. It’s one of Derek’s favorites. He’s always on the lookout for treats with at least two of those ingredients. It’s a bonus when they have all three.
I’m always thinking of ways to utilize that trio of ingredients when I want to make something special for my hubby. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are definitely a favorite of his!
When I originally created this recipe it was just chocolate and banana, no peanut butter. Well, a few years ago I was in the grocery store grabbing some chocolate chips. I had four overripe bananas at home waiting to become muffins and I stood there staring at the peanut butter chips that were right next to them. My curiosity was peaked and I just couldn’t help myself. I had to try it out!
Now, without the peanut butter chips, these muffins are perfectly delicious. I have gotten rave reviews from them in the past. The peanut butter chips just take them up a notch. If you rather leave the peanut butter chips out for whatever reason, feel free to do so. You’ll still have perfectly delicious muffins on hand. Just double the
This is a super easy recipe perfect for a weekend breakfast that will have your special someone asking for more! It’s also a great way to use up some overripe bananas! I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins as much as we do!
If you know of anyone who would love these muffins, please share this post with all your friends and family. Just click on the social media icons below! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ cup chocolate chips and/or chunks
- Start out by preheating the oven to 375 degrees and either lightly butter or line the muffin tins.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients, EXCEPT the sugar and chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Mash two of the bananas with a fork in a small bowl and leave some texture.
- With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the remaining two bananas and sugar together for about 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the liquid ingredients and continue to mix with the electric mixer.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients just until they are combined.
- Fold in the bananas followed by the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for about 18-20 minutes and let cool.