This post may contain affiliate links to products. A commission may be received for purchases made through these links. However, all opinions remain my own. For more information, please visit my disclosure policy.
Maple Sausage French Toast Casserole is a yummy breakfast casserole that is easily made and sits overnight before baking into sweet and savory perfection!
Only a few more days until Christmas! I know this weekend is going to be a bit hectic with everyone shopping for gifts and holiday food items. Christmas is a very laid back holiday for me and Derek. I don’t go completely crazy cooking tons of food like I do at Thanksgiving.
This is my hubby’s busy season at work so I always try to make sure that Christmas Day is quiet and relaxing. I try to make meals that I can either prep ahead of time or involves very little prep at all.
When it comes to Christmas morning, I prefer some sort of casserole that I can put together Christmas Eve. Then all I have to do is throw the casserole in the oven when we get up. By the time we’re done opening presents, breakfast is almost ready!
I’m usually torn on what type of breakfast I should make, sweet or savory. Last year at my hubby’s request we had cinnamon rolls and the year before it was a traditional sausage and egg casserole.
This year I’ve decided to combine the sweet and the savory to make this Maple Sausage French Toast Casserole.
Can I just say that I can’t believe that I haven’t done this before? It is so yum and so easy to make! It checks off all the boxes in what I’m looking for in a Christmas morning breakfast.
With a casserole of this size, there is always going to be leftovers. This casserole reheats really well, too. That’s just a bonus to the pro list. As far as I can see there are no cons when it comes to making this Maple Sausage French Toast Casserole! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
If you know of anyone who would love this casserole, please share this post with all your friends and family. Just click on the social media icons below! Have a holly jolly weekend and good luck if you’re looking to finish your holiday shopping list!
Maple Sausage French Toast Casserole
- 1 lb of breakfast sausage
- 1 large loaf of Brioche
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 8 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat. Remove the sausage with a slotted spoon onto a paper-lined plate and set aside.
- Cut or tear the brioche into 1-inch cubes and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, half and half, salt, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 2 Tbsp maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the bread. Toss to coat all the pieces of brioche.
- Spread half of the egg and bread mixture into a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- Evenly distribute the sausage over the bread mixture.
- Add the remaining bread over the sausage.
- Top with 4 Tbsp of maple syrup and follow with 2 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- Cover the casserole with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the casserole for 60 min or until the top is golden brown.