This post may contain affiliate links to products. A commission may be received for purchases made through these links. However, all opinions remain my own. For more information, please visit my disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a fall cocktail filled with warm seasonal flavors, then try my spin on the classic bourbon and ginger, the Pumpkin Bourbon Blitz.
I don’t consider myself a huge football fan but I do enjoy watching a game every now and then. Particularly when I’m rooting my Ohio State Buckeyes to victory! I actually love having a football game playing in the background while I’m creating something delicious in the kitchen. Add a cool breeze blowing from an open window and I call that autumn perfection!
When I think of fall cocktails the classic Bourbon and Ginger often comes to mind. It’s an ideal drink this time of year to begin with especially on game day. It’s simple and easy to make which makes it perfect for entertaining.
I wanted to just take it up a notch without making it too complicated. This is when I like to turn to simple syrups. Simple syrups are very easy to customize with different fruits, herbs, and spices. The best part is that you actually have to make them ahead of time!
A pumpkin syrup seasoned with fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves turns out to be a great place to start. It added the exact fall flavors to the drink that I was looking for with very little fuss.
You may find that you have some pumpkin syrup leftover but don’t worry. It is great in other drinks, too, especially if you have a fondness for pumpkin lattes! I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Bourbon Blitz as much as we do. I highly recommend adding it to your next game day menu!
If you know of anyone who would love this cocktail, please share this post with all your friends and family. Just click on the social media icons below! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!
Pumpkin Bourbon Blitz
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 oz pumpkin syrup
- 2 oz bourbon
- ½ oz orange juice freshly squeezed
- 4 oz ginger ale
- In a medium saucepan, cook the water and both sugars over low heat, stirring as needed, until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the pumpkin then follow with the cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Let the mixture simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into a small bowl and chill the syrup until needed.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add the bourbon, pumpkin syrup, and orange juice. Shake well and strain into a glass filled with ice. Top off with chilled ginger ale.