This post may contain affiliate links to products. A commission may be received for purchases made through these links. However, all opinions remain my own. For more information, please visit my disclosure policy.
Strawberry-Topped Pancakes is actually two recipes in one! My delicious pancakes are topped with an incredible strawberry sauce made from fresh berries.
Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope you have a little something planned with your special someone even if it’s a simple meal. That’s actually how Derek and I like to celebrate Valentine’s Day. We don’t care to go out since it’s usually crowded. I’ll make a special dinner or breakfast, depending on his work schedule, for us to enjoy together.
I often find that taking the time to prepare a meal that you don’t make all that often is a great way to show someone how much you love them. I don’t make big breakfasts very often. I’m usually found eating a bowl of fruit and yogurt during the week. The weekends, however, I like to take the time every now and then to make a nice big breakfast. Sometimes it’s pancakes and sometimes it’s omelets but it’s always delicious.
Since it’s a long holiday weekend, I thought these Strawberry-Topped Pancakes would be a perfect recipe to share with you today. The strawberry sauce on these pancakes is quite exceptional. It’s actually what I use to fill my strawberry pies. It’s not very sweet, so the flavor of the strawberries stands out. You do need good strawberries for this recipe to get optimal results. One taste of this sauce and you’ll know why!
I hope you’ll enjoy these Strawberry-Topped Pancakes as much as we do! No matter what you have planned for the weekend I hope you and your valentine have a wonderful holiday weekend!
As for me, I’m actually very excited today because tomorrow morning I leave for a week-long cruise with my forever valentine! We’ll be exploring the Western Caribbean while sailing with Royal Caribbean. This is a little belated 40th birthday celebration for Derek. My parents will also be joining us on the same cruise to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary which is today!
Don’t worry about missing any posts. As always, I’m ahead of the game and already have posts scheduled for while I’m away. I may post a few pictures on social media tomorrow but once that ship starts to sail away, I’m unplugging! I will be sharing with you many pictures once I get back home, so keep your eyes peeled!
If you know of anyone who would love these pancakes, please share this post with all your friends and family. Just click on the social media icons below! Have a wonderful holiday weekend and enjoy!
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup strawberries hulled
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- Freshly whipped cream optional
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Blend in water and ½ cup strawberries.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until very thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice. Let cool.
- Fold in 1 cup strawberry slices. Cool at room temperature.
- Add all the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together, and set aside.
- In another medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Quickly whisk the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients until everything is combined.
- Proceed to make the pancakes on a lightly buttered pan or skillet. Serve with the strawberry sauce and whipped cream.