This post may contain affiliate links to products. A commission may be received for purchases made through these links. However, all opinions remain my own. For more information, please visit my disclosure policy.
Barbecue Meatballs are simmered in a tangy tomato-based sauce that’s full of delicious flavor. It’s a quick and easy meal that’s perfect to make at the end of a long workday!
Have you ever been at the grocery store when they just happen to be giving out samples and you’re so hungry that it might as well be manna from heaven? That’s kind of how I came across this Barbecue Meatballs recipe.
Derek and I were at Publix picking up a
We were making our way out of the produce section and came across a lady making the Publix Apron’s meal of the week. It smelled so good and there was definitely a bit of a rumbly in my tumbly at that moment. So, of course, we had to check this meal out.
It was pretty yummy and Derek really seemed to like it so I went ahead and grabbed the recipe card. I decided to make the recipe a couple of weeks later. I followed the recipe exactly and it didn’t turn out the same. You could say that I was a bit annoyed. This is a quick and easy recipe that I was hoping to add to my dinnertime rotation.
Instead of completely tossing this recipe aside, I decided to start tweaking it. Every time I went to make these Barbecue Meatballs for dinner I would make subtle changes. I would add something new like chopped garlic or reduce the lemon juice. It took a few tries but my hubby declared this version the winner.
Just to let you know, the video for this recipe isn’t completely right. It apparently stopped recording before I was able to add all the ingredients to the sauce. Don’t worry, though, as always I include the full recipe below!
I highly recommend serving these tangy Barbecue Meatballs over red-skinned mashed potatoes. They really complement each other. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. Don’t be surprised when everyone at the dinner table starts reaching for seconds!
If you know of anyone who would love these meatballs, please share this post with all your friends and family. Just click on the social media icons below! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!
- ½ lemon for juice
- 1 cup onions diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 4 ½ Tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp yellow mustard
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs frozen beef meatballs
- Squeeze the half lemon for its juice.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, add the onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft, about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add 1 ¼ cup beef stock, tomato paste, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce. Stir until combined and raise the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in meatballs, return to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Whisk remaining ¼ cup beef stock with cornstarch in a small bowl. Pour into pan and cook another 5 – 6 minutes. Stir occasionally until sauce is thick and meatballs are cooked through.