This post may contain affiliate links to products. A commission may be received for purchases made through these links. However, all opinions remain my own. For more information, please visit my disclosure policy.
I’m usually not one for using mixes when I’m baking. However, I recently made the exception for this Bacardi Rum Cake and it is definitely worth the splurge!
My cousin Jaimie and I kept going back and sneaking slices of this melt in your mouth cake! This past summer I found myself thinking about this cake so I called my mom up to get the recipe. I had no idea that she got the recipe online and that it was from a box!
Sure enough, one Google search later and I quickly found the original recipe from the 1970s. I quickly perused the ingredients of yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, and of course, rum! I couldn’t believe how easy it was and I knew that I just had to share it with you!
I think what makes this cake special is its Bacardi rum glaze. However, I did make it a little differently. Instead of using the dark rum that the recipe calls for, I used Bacardi Gold. This is what my mom used a
I’ve always been a bit of a rum cake fan. Whenever I’m in the Caribbean I always grab a rum cake or two to bring home. They have a long shelf life thanks to the delicious rum that keeps them preserved. I often find when I bake a cake that the last
With so many different rum flavors out there, I think I’ll have fun experimenting with different flavors in the near future. I’ll make sure to share the results with you when I do! I hope you enjoy this Bacardi Rum Cake as much as we do!
If you found this cake as delicious as I do, please share this post with all your friends and family. Just click on the social media icons below! Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!
Bacardi Rum Cake
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts chopped
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding mix 3.4 oz
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup Bacardi gold rum
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup Bacardi gold rum
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Sprinkle nuts on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and rum. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the bundt pan over the chopped nuts.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until cake is cooked through and inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes and invert onto a plate.
- Prick the top of the cake then spoon and brush the rum glaze all over the cake.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter.
- Stir in the water and sugar.
- Boil for 5 minutes, consistently stirring the glaze.
- Remove from heat and stir in the rum.
Leave a Reply