This post may contain affiliate links to products. A commission may be received for purchases made through these links. However, all opinions remain my own. For more information, please visit my disclosure policy.
Roasted Asparagus is a household favorite. This super simple recipe is easy enough for even the most basic of cooks and definitely delicious!
Every time a season begins I get excited for the fruits and veggies it is bound to produce. In the spring it’s asparagus. Asparagus is one of my favorite veggies and I’m particularly keen on Roasted Asparagus.
It’s kind of funny because I don’t remember loving asparagus as a kid. It’s just one of those foods I woke up one day and instantly enjoyed. I guess that’s part of growing up and changing taste buds.
Asparagus is now one of those veggies that I could easily eat year-round. However, it definitely tastes better in season plus it’s also nicer on the budget in the spring, too. That’s why we tend to eat it quite often this time of year. Derek doesn’t mind, he’s a big fan of asparagus, too.
Since we eat it quite a bit while it’s in season I like to change the cooking methods up. If we’re using the grill, I’ll have Derek throw the asparagus on with whatever protein we’re grilling up. If I’m feeling fancy I might steam the asparagus and whip up (quite literally) a batch of made-from-scratch hollandaise sauce. I sometimes will do that for Easter dinner. However, roasted asparagus is one of the easiest dishes to make.
Roasting asparagus is a great method to use when I’m doing a lot of cooking on the stovetop like searing steaks or making my Chicken Milanese. I just lightly season it, toss it in the oven, and set the timer. No muss, no fuss! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
If you know of anyone who would love this recipe, please share it with all your friends and family. Just click on the social media icons below! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!
- 1 lb asparagus bottoms trimmed
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- parmesan cheese fresh
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the asparagus together with the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, freshly grated parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Line a baking dish or roasting sheet pan with the asparagus stalks side by side in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus stalks.
- Remove from the oven and grate some more fresh parmesan over the asparagus, if desired, before serving.
Leave a Reply